Constructed in 1888, the Dixboro School was part of Superior Township School District No. 2. It stands on land set aside in the original village plat of 1826 as "a public square to be used for construction of a school and church." The school house was built as a cost of $1200 by Mr. Tessmer, replacing one constructed in the early 1830s. During winter terms there were as many as 35 pupils, ranging from four to 21 years of age. Dixboro School served the area until 1958. It is now owned, along with the surrounding village green, by Dixboro United Methodist Church.
WASHTENAW COUNTY SU-38 HISTORICAL MARKER