The plaque sits in front of a moderately sized water tower in the middle of an office park. The tower is painted all over with depictions of fruit, including a very large pineapple.
The plaque reads:
“City of Sunnyvale, California
Libby Water Tower
Libby, McNeill & Libby opened in 1907 and by 1922 became the world’s largest cannery. The original tower supplied water to the cannery and its workers and was replaced in 1965 by the present structure.
Place by the Sunnyvale Heritage Preservation Commission 1987″